gogotomica

gogotomica

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hauls in Hamburg - Others

I am not showing all cars I picked in Hamburg because some of them I would like to feature them individually in a single post. Here are some nice ones.
I found these 4 Majorette in a box full of toy cars. All the cars are dumped into the box like junks. There is one collector who is also scavenging in the box doesn't like sellers who to dump toy cars like junk. I told him that if the seller knows the value, we couldn't have bought them at such low price. He was looking for Matchbox and I was looking for anything that interest me. I am lucky that he doesn't like Majorette. These are the early Majorette from the 70s. I was so excited when I found the blue and green Simca. The best find I would say in the flea market.

Another batch of Majorette. The centre 2 vans comes from the same box as the cars above. The TWA bus has more passengers than the original one I used to have. The passengers are painted too which I wonder how did the previous owner did it. The Renault is also one of my favourite here. All parts still intact, just some play wear.

I have been looking for this Conrad W123 as it is almost impossible to get a W123 at this scale (1/66) and it's a wagon! I almost passed this because the price is out of my budget as it comes with a box. Boxed models usually cost more. The box look similar to the Schuco box so I thought there is nothing special about it. It was when Wolfgang pointed out that there is a "Mercedes Benz" marked on the plastic box, I went crazy. I put it right into my shopping cart.

Can you see the "Mercedes Benz"?

I never like Schuco Piccolo until I bought one. It was made by mould injection and it is a heavy little car (1/90). The car looks cartoon but unlike the queerness of Choro Q which is too cute to be true. Overall presentation of this little Alfa is fantastic. I regretted not buying one Piccolo Motorcycle from the antique shop. Maybe I should aim for the Piccolo trucks which I think is really nice too.

There are Tomica as well but not many in Goodies Old Toys as compared to Minicar shops in Tokyo. It's still a good selection though. I picked the MINI since I have a small MINI population in my Tomica collection.

I have to have this Porsche for this price and I do not have this 959 variation yet. I know it's a common colour variant but I do not buy everything Tomica. I do things one at a time rather. It was a good catch and I am happy with this purchase. Stay glued to my blog as I will be updating more before 2011 ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment