gogotomica

gogotomica

Monday, April 19, 2010

Seen from Misaki, Japan

As most of the time I am traveling by car from Misaki to Yokosuka to Yokohama to Tokyo everyday, I am able to see real life Tomica. From Eneos Truck to Sagawara Truck and town sets like 7-11 store with its own parking to the Tomica Toll Gate.


Newer cars that have the ETC chip can go through the automated barrel like the newer Nissan Cima I sat in. I have also travelled in a first generation Prius that must goes through the manned station.

Bought some magazines there to kill my time in hotel as Misaki City has basically no entertainment after dark as it is the country side. This article shows how Tomica is made step by step.


Another magazine shows some new products which are going to be released by Tomica. This looks like "Sound Tomica" which Tomica released in early 90s and late 90s. I think I will buy these as reminds me of the old "Sound Tomica" and the "Sonic Flashes" made by Majorette in the late 80s. I have a 1999 Toyota Supra Patrol car still in original box but too bad that it doesn't work any more.


Best selling Tomica in 1970s and 1980s


Best selling Tomica in 1990s and the millenium

I was lucky that I am able to see Cherry Blossom when I was there.
Did I buy any Tomica? Yes!
That's all folks!





2 comments:

  1. wow the no 29 hino truck is one of the best! i prefer the old hino truck with the current morita ladder truck. i also love the hino dump truck of the 90s. the garbage truck for me seemed a bit overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does that have to do with my Misaki visit? Sorry, I do not understand.

    ReplyDelete