gogotomica

gogotomica

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Ken-Box Matsuri by Go! Go! Tomica

First of all, thank you everyone for attending Ken-Box Matsuri on 26th July 2015. Thank you for helping me to make this happen. It all started 6 weeks before the actual event when I know Ken-Box has the intention to sell their Tomica in Taiwan. I managed to talk them through to come to Singapore. Sorry, Taiwan. Initially location was a problem and eventually with the help of my good friend (Let's Play's owner), we finalized it in Let's Play. I also do have other choices of places but Let's Play should be the best option for this event.

There is a lot of hard work for this event. We have to handle 800 over Tomica, taking them out from their boxes and re-pack in plastic display box. We worked from noon till midnight but it was a fun experience for me.

I get to know from Kenichi San that they prepare these special edition Lamborghini for the Singapore Event. Once I posted these cars on my facebook group, my "pm box" goes crazy from over all the world. I was replying "pm" almost whole day.

I simply love this job. I am able to look at cars that caught my eye which packing.

Here is another cattle truck.

This is the first flag series and the most rare among all flags now.

I was buying and working at the same time. Sorry guys, got to buy this one, yes, because of the box, car is the same as regular.
 
I do love this but it is too much for me to swallow.

There are 2 pieces for this event.

There are a couple of nice Skyline for this event. I keep my hands off all of them. I need to control myself.
 
I do want that Civic Motul and NSX Targa. I couldn't afford so it's for you guys.

It's one of my favourite cars for this event. It's mine now. Thanks boss.

One and only Mini Cooper variant in the world.

And it's for sale and it's nearly sold.

We packed all cars in 10 cartons full.

Sunday came. The day when Go! Go! Tomica turned into Ken-Box's staff.

My car was fully loaded. I just felt that this car is still not large enough.

Asking Kenichi San to pose before we set off.

Meanwhile at the event. I was surprise that there are members coming as early as 9am because our event will start only 11am.

We have done the set up and waiting for 11am to start sales.

I can recognize quite a number of members.

Moments before start of event.

Customer browsing what they need at the event.

On actual day, I get to know that we have a queue number system, initially thinking of creating a queue because of the small space.

Each customer only allow to buy 5 cars per transaction intially so that members who got a larger number can have something to buy also.

By queue number 40, we set the limit up to 10 cars per transaction. I know it doesn't please everyone but we have to control the crowd so this will be the best system.

My good friends from Ken-Box. They are really fantastic people. Only that my Japanese is really raw.

One of our assistant, Pooh. He is a big customer at the end of the event also.

A good friend came to support also and overly support. Haha. Thanks bro, appreciate your support.

At the end of the event, all of you emptied 7 cartons and we still have 3 cartons full.

Just when I thought even was over....
I posted these on my group....
I received "pm" from many countries again and plus a friend came over before midnight to my home and bought 1 more carton leaving only 2 cartons to bring back to Japan. Kenichi San was telling me that he is surprised to see Singaporean collectors being easy going, gentlemen and he got a very good impression of us. He wanted to come again soon if time permit for him. I will try to arrange for another with Ken-Box if they like to come again. I declare this event a success. Thanks again.





1 comment: