gogotomica

gogotomica

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

MÄNNERTRÄUME - ALLES FÜR "GROSSE" JUNGS

I have been in Germany for half a month so that explains why I am not updating my blog. I have took many pictures and I will post them here by instalments due to my work commitment. This shop is not far from my hotel and I walked 2 kilometres (or more) with a German Becker. Struggled my way in the cold without my coat, just my business suit. This should be one of the coldest autumn in Germany. I left my coat at home because they will take up space that are meant for toy cars. Sounds silly? Yes, I second that. Mannertraume - Everything For Big Boys, is an antique shop which sells collectibles like toys, books, sign boards, bikes, cars etc. I didn't see any cars that day except for some bikes.

A model plane hung from the ceiling welcoming customers into the shop. I felt going back 10 years with every step I put forward. Everything in the shop looks fantabulos. I get to see stuff which I never seen before. Here are some examples:

No, it's not a real car. I don't know if it is road worthy in Germany but definitely not in Singapore. It's a miniature BMW 328 fit just for 1. Car has 8ps and a top speed of 65km/h. The price is just one Euro short of 10 grand. It is not only for big boys and for rich boys as well.

1944 Triumph Kurier. The condition sure looks great for something older than my old man and it is from World War II era!

These pedal cars looks like they are from the 1930s through the 50s. I like the one which looks like a Ford Model T. These are for "small" boys I supposed.

How can you miss out this classic Shell pump in the shop? Anything that is "Shell" will worth something. These will be really hard to get them out of the shop if it is sold in Singapore. Who had the space if you are living in a HDB flat? So, again, it's for the rich boys.

Some of you might be kind of anxious now. Where are the toy cars? Ok, this way, follow me.

I took a closer look at one of the cabinet. I saw some "Zikus". This is how Germans pronounced it and I think it is cool. Ziku or Siku, great charm anytime.

Mixtures of some vintage cars and HO scaled ones.

A little corner for Corgi.

I found one lot of Superfast and Lesney but I am here for Siku and Schuco. I bought something after much exploration in the shop. I will be featuring more of my adventures in Germany once I free my time up.



1 comment: