gogotomica

gogotomica

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dynamic Gear Mandarin - Ferrari 250LM

I was delighted to find some cars in the antique shop I visit regularly. The shop had some mint loose Tomica on sale recently and while I was picking Tomica, I saw a Cherica sized red car which I had been looking for a long time. I was a little disappointed at the condition but I still bought it anyway.

First of all, I wasn't a fan of Ferrari. I wanted this car because it is a Ferrari or should I say a toy car made in Singapore. I have to be honest that this is the ugliest Ferrari toy I had ever seen but it has character (when you can't use the word "beautiful" to describe it). It had lots of play wear, bent axles, 1 missing hub cap but it's fine for me since you can't find it almost anywhere.

Everyone knows that Tomica is my main stream when comes to collecting but Mandarin actually put me on TV for the first time as a collector instead. This is also one of the Mandarin cars which was marketed as "Dynamic Gear" as a brand name. Mandarin made toy cars from 1966 to around 1972 while the Londoner (based on Matchbox) are made in 1979. Nobody knows much about Mandarin history so it remains a mystery for collectors. I was hoping to speak to anyone who had ever worked for Mandarin. I just like to know more stories of Mandarin and it will be a bonus if he/she has some Mandarins to let go to me, a good home, I would say. Anyone?


3 comments:

  1. lol if the baseplate did not say ferrari...i wouldnt be able to tell XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. SEO expert at www.dynamicmarketing.sg/seo-consultant-singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Custom JDM number plate

    ReplyDelete