gogotomica

gogotomica

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hyundai Sonata

I received a package from Korea yesterday. Thanks to Mark for helping me on these Sonata.

A box full of Hyundai Sonata.

The box is similar to the usual regular box but with some Korean characters.

Back of the box. Japanese toy, Korean car but made in Vietnam.

This is the first Korean car ever made by Tomica. The detailing is simple like previous generations of Tomica made in the past. The sleek lines of this Hyundai look just like the real thing. I am glad that button wheels are used instead of the dish type. Although no opening parts, the car looks great when close up.  

The car look best when viewed from three quarter rear. Sexy and yet elegant. This might not be the best effort from Tomica but not bad for the first Korean car ever made.


2 comments:

  1. Can't agree more about the Sonata! Reminds me of the CN Camry that Tomica did, only the Sonata had some better casting! Are you selling some since the box has plenty of duplicates? I am thinking of getting one of them if I can.

    ReplyDelete